How to Change a Flat Tire
Even if you take proper care of your tires, it’s hard to predict what Tampa roads will throw at you. Follow these steps on changing a tire from Cox Chevrolet so you can be prepared for the unpredictable.
Steps to Change a Flat Tire
Follow these steps to quickly and easily change a flat tire:
- Keep the proper equipment handy at all times, including a jack, a lug wrench, and an inflated spare tire.
- Find a safe spot to change your flat tire, such as a stretch of road with a wide shoulder, a side street or an empty parking lot.
- Apply the parking brake and apply wheel wedges on the tires opposite of the one you’re replacing.
- Remove the hubcap and loosen the lug nuts.
- Place the jack under your vehicle and raise it up.
- Unscrew the lug nuts completely and remove the flat tire.
- Mount the spare tire and tighten the lug nuts by hand.
- Lower your vehicle and tighten the lug nuts fully. Replace the hubcap.
Schedule Service near Sarasota
Now that you’ve changed your flat tire, schedule service to replace the spare with an appropriate tire. If we don’t have the right one in stock, we can easily order parts for your Chevy. Learn more about bluetooth pairing and car care tips, including the importance of tire rotation and how to jump-start a car, from Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton today!