What Can You Expect from the 2016 Chevy Sonic Performance Specs?
Small but mighty, the 2016 Chevy Sonic performance specs and fuel economy numbers give Tampa and Sarasota drivers even more reason to love the nimble compact. Thanks to its compact size and responsive handling, the Sonic is the ideal choice for drivers looking for an efficient first car, or those in the market to downsize. To demonstrate the value of the 2016 Chevy Sonic, the experts at Cox Chevy have put together a catalog of performance information for drivers to review. We think that one look will make it clear why the Sonic should be at the top of any budget-minded buyer’s shopping list.
The 2016 Chevy Sonic offers drivers the choice of two potent small engines and three transmissions, depending on trim level:
- 18L ECOTEC – The Base engine is a 1.8L 4-cylinder ECOTEC engine with DOHC and Variable Valve Timing that can be equipped with either the 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, or 6-speed automatic transmission for an impressive 138 hp and 125 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 1.4L Turbo – For an impressive boost on selected models, including the RS, Chevy offers the 1.4L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. This potent combination is also capable of 138 hp, but ups power to the rear wheels to 148 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
The Chevy Sonic is known for its efficiency, delivering impressive numbers in recent EPA testing of both engines:
- Base Engine – When mated to the manual transmission, the 1.8L 4-cylinder was able to deliver 26 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway efficiency and, when paired with the automatic transmission, turned in 24 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway fuel economy.
- Turbocharged Motor – The turbocharged 4-cylinder engine was able to deliver 29 mpg/city and 40 mpg/highway when paired with the manual transmission, 27 mpg/city and 37 mpg/highway when mated to the automatic transmission.
- RS Trim – The Sonic RS was able to return 27 mpg/city and 34 mpg/highway when equipped with the manual transmission and a respectable 25 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway when mated to the optional automatic transmission.
Other Performance Features
Performance and efficiency are a great place to start, but Chevy didn’t stop there with the petite Sonic:
- StabiliTrak – The standard stability control feature helps drivers manage the vehicle during dicey conditions by applying additional braking force to wheels that have lost traction, helping to bring the Sonic back in line.
- 4-Wheel ABS – 4-Wheel Antilock braking is standard on every trim and prevents the wheels from locking up during emergency maneuvers, lessening the likelihood that the Sonic will end in a skid.
- Disc Brakes– Front disc brakes are standard equipment, with 4-wheel disc brakes available on select packages.
- Hill Start Assist– To help maintain stability when starting on an incline, the Sonic is equipped with standard Hill Start Assist on every trim.
Explore the 2016 Chevy Sonic Performance Specs and Fuel Economy Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
The 2016 Chevy Sonic performance specs and fuel economy numbers continue to impress Tampa and Sarasota drivers. Contact an associate from Cox Chevy at (941) 749-2690 come see us today at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL to see why.