What Is the Bed Size of a Chevy Silverado?
Thinking about upgrading your Sarasota job site capabilities with a 2020 Chevy Silverado? It’s no surprise the new Silverado is a top choice among local shoppers searching for light-duty pickup trucks, known for its tough towing capabilities, but you may be wondering, what is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado? Truck bed sizes will depend on your trim level and cab configuration. Explore all of your options below to find the right Silverado bed size for your needs!
2020 Chevy Silverado Bed Sizes
For the 2020 model year, there are eight unique Silverado trim levels to choose from. Across the lineup, Tampa shoppers have three available cab configurations: Regular, Double, and Crew Cab. The Silverado bed sizes vary depending on which cab size you choose:
- Regular Cab: The Regular Cab is only available on the entry-level Work Truck trim, and can be had with a 6.5-foot-long or 8-foot-long bed.
- Double Cab: Available on all trim levels but the LT and High Country, the Double Cab is equipped exclusively with a 6.5-foot bed.
- Crew Cab: The Crew Cab is available on all eight trim levels, and can be had with a 6.5-foot bed or a 5-foot-8-inch bed.
Learn More About the Chevy Silverado Bed
The 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 features the identical redesigned and restructured bed that debuted on the previous 2019 model year. If you opt for the 5-foot-8-inch bed with the Crew Cab, you’ll find that it’s longer, deeper, and wider than that of competitors. Coined the “Durabed,” this rugged truck bed boasts the following features:
- 120-volt outlet, available bed lighting, and large footwells for sturdier footing when loading and unloading
- Up to 20 percent more cargo volume than any other pickup on the market
- Advanced convenience features like the available industry-first power up/down tailgate and power release tailgate
- 12 standard tie-downs, each of which are rated at 500 pounds (9 tie-downs are removable)
- High-strength roll-formed steel build
Explore the Truck Bed Sizes in Person at Cox Chevrolet!
Perhaps the best way to determine which of the Silverado bed sizes will best suit your needs is to explore your options in person at Cox Chevrolet! Contact us to arrange a test drive near Palmetto today. While you’re here, you can compare the Silverado vs. Colorado to see what you think of Chevy’s mid-size pickup option, then explore your options for Silverado accessories.
Learn More About Chevy Model Features
The all-new 2021 Chevy Tahoe is a fantastic choice for your next Bradenton family-oriented sport utility vehicle. In addition to its legendary presence on any road, this newly redesigned model year presents a more spacious Chevy Tahoe interior, a smoother ride, and the most advanced technologies to keep up to all eight passengers comfortable, entertained,…
Are you looking for a powerful full-size SUV to hitch a trailer to for trips near Sarasota or hauling equipment to the jobsite? The all-new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban is here! The 2021 Suburban towing capacity can reach up to 8,300 pounds when properly equipped. With a roomy cabin offering third-row seating, the new Suburban provides…
When shopping for an SUV that can handle every job task and Sarasota weekend adventure, check out the 2020 Chevy Traverse. Compared to competitors like the GMC Acadia, the Chevy Traverse has impeccable engine performance that boosts the Chevy Traverse towing capacity to 5,000 pounds – enough to haul a compact camper or a small…