2017 Chevrolet Sonic Specs and Features
Drivers looking for a spacious new sedan or a versatile new hatchback are sure to be excited by the 2017 Chevy Sonic specs and features, which continue the trend of and enhance what the 2016 Sonic offered. Tampa and Sarasota drivers in the market for a safe new family car or something ready to take on the hauling needs of a home business, the Sonic will be available within months at Cox Chevy.
We know quite a few drivers are fans of the sporty good looks and bold coloring of the Spark but need a car a bit larger – enter the Sonic. With the arrival of the 2017 Chevy Sonic, you can expect those same Spark-like good looks on the hatchback model while the Sonic sedan scaled it down just a touch to give the car the feeling of an elegant sedan – the RS trim borders on luxury-grade in its design. Features like the body-color rear bumper with integrated taillights, headlights sculpted into the curves of the front end, and rear spoiler (on both hatchback and sedan models) give the 2017 Sonic a look that’s sure to turn heads.
General Motors’ engineers did their best to shrink the Sonic’s engine down in size without compromising on power. The result is a turbocharged 1.4L four-cylinder that’s both powerful and efficient:
- Power: The Sonic’s engine kicks out 138 hp and is paired with a six-speed manual transmission for the right combination of power, efficiency, and control (an automatic transmission is available as well).
- Efficiency: We’re still waiting on fuel economy estimates for the 2017 model, but the outgoing model earned an EPA-estimated 40 mpg/highway, and we expect similar ratings for the new model year.
Interior Design and Features
As a modern car, it’s just as important for the Sonic to come with some of the latest in auto technology as it is for it to have a spacious and comfortable cabin. Highlights of the interior include:
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay: These advanced connectivity features sync with your phone and bring favorite apps to your dash for a streamlined experience behind the wheel.
- OnStar: With just the push of a button, you can be in touch with a concierge from OnStar who can send roadside assistance or give you turn-by-turn directions to wherever you’re headed.
- Wi-Fi: The Sonic’s available 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity turns it into the hottest hotspot, ready to take the internet wherever you go.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The 2017 Chevy Sonic specs and features include some of the most advanced safety features, and they have three goals:
- Prevent: Available features like Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning help you to avoid accidents before they happen.
- Protect: An advanced frame structure, 10 standard airbags, and a high-strength steel safety cage work to protect you during an accident.
- Respond: OnStar’s available Automatic Crash Response System can send the authorities to your location immediately if the Sonic is involved in an accident.
Learn More About the 2017 Chevy Sonic Specs and Features Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
For updates about the 2017 Chevy Sonic specs and features, visit this page throughout the next few months. In the meantime, Sarasota and Tampa drivers can visit Cox Chevy at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton for a test drive of the 2016 Sonic. Contact us online or give us a call at (941) 749-2690 with any questions about the Sonic.