HomeLink® is a wireless control system built into your Chevrolet car, truck, or SUV. This convenient feature allows you to:
- Activate/deactivate home security systems
- Open and close garage doors or automatic gates
- Turn on/off home interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Explore the benefits of HomeLink®, and see how easy it is for drivers in and around Sarasota to program the system, in this handy guide from Cox Chevrolet.
The Benefits of HomeLink®
Tampa and Palmetto area drivers who have HomeLink® equipped in their Chevrolet Impala, Silverado, Traverse, or other Chevy vehicle, will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Ease of Use: Connecting your vehicle to your home is a matter of pressing a few buttons.
- Compatibility: HomeLink® is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to 3 Devices: Tastefully integrated into your vehicle’s interior, the HomeLink® system allows you to control up to three devices.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, the system will be able to let you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. HomeLink® apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road.
- Battery-Free: HomeLink® is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy, so no more worrying about changing batteries.
How Do I Program HomeLink®?
Chevy owners in Tampa and beyond will find programming HomeLink® easy, thanks to these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The HomeLink® unit features three buttons commonly located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash. This usually takes about 20 seconds. Note that pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, so you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, indicating that it is connecting.
Learn More about Your Chevy Tech Systems at Cox Chevrolet
If you need additional help programming your HomeLink®, or updating the Chevy MyLink system, the certified service techs at Cox Chevrolet can walk you through it. Contact us today for more information or if you have any questions.
More from Cox Chevrolet
You’ve probably noticed the new Chevy Traverse rolling around Sarasota. It’s one attractive SUV. But just wait until you see the beautiful Chevy Traverse interior. Not only does this car look great on the inside, but there’s plenty of room, including the generous Chevy Traverse cargo space. We go into the details below, including…
Chevrolet Silverado trucks are highly customizable for Sarasota drivers and therefore come in a wide range of weights. Before we jump into the range of 2022 Chevrolet Silverado weights, you’ll need to understand curb weight, which is the weight of a vehicle with a full tank of gas and all standard equipment. With that out…
Check out the 2022 Chevy Colorado technology per trim, along with other features that will make your commute to Sarasota more relaxing than ever. Not only is the Chevy Colorado perfect for the jobsite, but it also has features that make it resourceful off the road. The Colorado extremely adaptable, and it comes at a…