Changes to Expect for 2017
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is expected to receive several significant upgrades to its model for the upcoming year. Here’s a rough estimation of what we can look forward to in the 2017 Silverado 2500HD:
- Increased Durability of Platform: Rumors speculate that the Silverado 2500HD will be slightly lighter in its 2017 iteration, making it much more maneuverable and resistant to wear, tear, and stress.
- Reinvigorated Powertrain: A 6.6L V-8 fuel engine with 360 hp and the capability of exerting 397 lb.-ft. of torque is predicted to be the new powertrain under the hood of the 2017 Silverado. An 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission is also possibly being vetted for inclusion in this model.
- Possible New Equipment Groups: The 2017 Silverado 2500HD is expected to offer a varying collection of interior amenities and custom features to allow drivers to personalize their truck to their needs.
Similarities to the 2016 Model
The 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD wouldn’t be where it is now if not for the precedent set by its earlier models. Here’s what we suspect won’t change in this year’s version:
- Similar Engine: If the 2017 model of the Chevy Silverado 2500HD does, in fact, choose a 6.6 liter turbo-diesel V8 engine as its standard powertrain, it won’t be far from its immediate predecessor, which is good news for truck enthusiasts considering that this engine allowed drivers to tow up to a maximum capacity of 18,000 pounds.
- High Strength Dependability: Though the frame is almost certainly getting an upgrade, the 2016 model of the Chevy Silverado brought drivers a rugged level of durability suited to the truck by which the toughness of its competitors are measured.
- Impressive Payload Capacity: We’re not entirely sure yet what the payload capacity of the 2017 Silverado 2500HD will be, but if it’s anything matching to or an improvement on the 2016’s formidable 3,534 lbs payload, drivers will have much to be pleased about.
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Highlights
The 2016 Silverado 2500HD is a champion-tier vehicle that has a lot to offer drivers interested in strength and durability:
- Tremendous Performance: Properly equipped, the 2016 Silverado’s powertrain is capable of producing up to 397 hp and a monstrous 765 lb.ft. of torque.
- Quiet, Comfortable Interior: The 2016 Silverado features a leather-lined cabin insulated with sound-deadening material and a triple-sealed door to create a hushed layer of security and ambiance for every ride.
- Impressive Technology: The 2016 Silverado is much more than your standard run-of-the-mill pickup. With 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity, Apple CarPlay support, and an intuitive MyLink Display console with clear symbols and an easy-to-parse interface, it’s easy to listen to your music, make important calls, or find directions via online search.
Experience the 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD When it Comes to Memphis and Palmetto Later This Year
For more information on the 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, interested drivers near Memphis or Palmetto can contact Cox Chevy online or by phone at (941) 749-2690. You can also stop by our dealership at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton to test drive one of our fully-stocked 2016 models today.
*2016 model shown in some images