Chevy’s dynamic minicar offers a decidedly appealing profile that’s designed to not only turn heads but cut through heavy urban traffic with ease. Drivers can choose from an impressive array of features from the standard rear spoiler and halogen headlamps to options like chrome trim and a power sunroof to build the Chevy Spark that’s ideally suited for their daily commute. And, with ten fun colors to choose from, it’s easy to get a Spark that stands out from the crowd.
The efficient 2017 Spark is powered by Chevy’s 1.4L inline fuel-injected 4-cylinder powerplant mated to a standard 5-speed manual transmission or an optional continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). This mighty engine can generate 98 hp and 94 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering an EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of as much as 30 mpg/city and 38 mpg/highway.
The Spark is built with the needs of modern drivers in mind, delivering an impressive array of high-end features unheard of in other cars in this class:
- Comfort and Convenience – Attractive sport bucket seats and air conditioning with cabin filtration are standard and drivers have the option of adding amenities like a multifunction steering wheel with audio and calling controls, rear console, and remote entry system.
- Spacious – The Spark is classified as a minicar, but offers abundant seating for four adults with 83 cubic feet of interior passenger space and up to 27.2 cubic feet of cargo room, making it the perfect car for a night with friends or a weekend getaway.
- High-Tech – Chevy gives drivers the content that matters most to them, thanks to the available MyLink infotainment system with 7-inch touchscreen interface and Android Auto or Apple CarPlay that connects to a compatible smartphone for access to calling, maps, music and more. There is even an available 4G LTE connection that delivers internet access for up to seven compatible devices for content on the go.
Trim and Features
The 2017 Chevy Spark is offered in three unique trim levels to help Tampa and Sarasota drivers build their ideal vehicle:
- 2017 Chevy Spark LS – Starting at $13,000 MSRP
- 2017 Chevy Spark 1LT – Starting at $14,825 MSRP
- 2017 Chevy Spark 2LT – Starting at $16,325 MSRP
Interior Design and Features
Chevy didn’t leave out the most important feature when designing the Spark; Safety. The diminutive hatchback brings plenty of advanced features to the table, making it one of the safest subcompacts on the road:
- Airbags – Ten standard airbags including frontal and head side-impact bags protect cabin occupants at all locations, while the steel-reinforced safety cage helps to keep the passenger area intact in the event of a crash.
- Driver Assist – Advanced features like Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert, Rear Park Assist, and a standard rear vision camera system help drivers to avoid obstacles they may not otherwise be able to see.
- Traction Control – StabiliTrak stability control, tire pressure monitoring, and traction control are standard features that help the Spark to keep four wheels on the road, even during challenging weather and emergency maneuvers.
- Automatic Response – The Automatic Crash Response feature allows the OnStar system, when properly equipped, to notify emergency personnel of the vehicle’s location in the event of an accident, even if the driver is incapacitated.
The 2017 Chevy Spark has made some impressive improvements, taking it well above budget class, and the experts have taken notice:
- Car and Driver – “Ride quality is much improved, and body motions are well damped, with infrequent extra oscillations from the front strut or rear torsion-beam suspension.”
- Edmunds – “The 2017 Chevrolet Spark is perfect for first-time buyers and city dwellers. It’s inexpensive, easy to maneuver and offers plenty of amenities and safety equipment.”
- The Car Connection – “The 2017 Chevrolet Spark is one of the best tiny cars you can buy in America, with its laudable array of active-safety systems.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “From the 7-inch touch screen to the Wi-Fi hotspot to its ability to accommodate both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the 2017 Spark’s got it going on.”
Explore the 2017 Chevy Spark and Live Large in Tampa and Sarasota Today
Visit Cox Chevy and see why the 2017 Chevy Spark already has Tampa and Sarasota drivers talking. Contact us today at (888) 350-4514 or stop by our showroom at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL for a test-drive.