One of the great things about the 2016 Chevrolet Trax is that no matter which trim level you go with, you won’t have to break your budget to get what you want.
- 2016 Chevrolet Trax LS: MSRP from $20,300
- 2016 Chevrolet Trax LT: MSRP from $22,645
- 2016 Chevrolet Trax LTZ: MSRP from $25,230
Performance and Fuel Economy
Pop the hood of the 2016 Chevrolet Trax, and you’ll find a 1.4L turbocharged inline-four that comes with a six-speed automatic transmission. It delivers a confident 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque and is able to achieve up to an EPA-estimated 34 mpg highway and 26 mpg city. Depending on your priorities, you can go with the standard front-wheel drive system or opt for the available all-wheel drive system.
Trims and Features
You might save a lot of money on the 2016 Chevrolet Trax, but that doesn’t mean you’ll be missing out on the latest tech and features.
- LS: Even the most basic version comes with Chevrolet’s popular OnStar telematics system, which means you’ll get automatic crash notification, emergency roadside assistance, and the ability to stay connected thanks to the built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot. Other advanced features include Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen, a rearview camera, and remote keyless entry. You’ll also get 16-inch steel wheels or available 16-inch aluminum wheels.
- LT: The middle trim steps up in terms of style. It sits on 16-inch alloy wheels and comes standard with outside rearview mirrors that are the color of the body, silver-painted skid plate appliqués in the front and back, lower window trim with chrome, and tinted rear windows for a high-scale appearance. You’ll also get roof rails for extra storage, upgraded cloth upholstery, a storage compartment under the front passenger seat.
- LTZ: The premium trim rides on larger 18-inch alloy wheels and comes with front fog lamps for added style and visibility. The cabin also sees style upgrades in the form of leatherette upholstery and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Other differences include heated front seats, a power driver seat, a rear park assist system, and a premium Bose stereo system.
You don’t have to search far to see that the 2016 Chevrolet Trax is already garnering praise from major auto publications.
- The Car Connection: “With its useful hatchback shape and thrifty fuel economy, the 2016 Chevrolet Trax is a smart package for city dwellers who value practicality…”
- Edmunds: “Despite a modest price increase, the 2016 Trax is still an affordable choice for entry-level buyers.”
- Autotrader: “If the Sonic seems too small and the midsize Equinox crossover seems too large, the Trax might be your perfect compromise.”
While the 2016 Chevrolet Trax is a subcompact crossover, it actually provides a surprising amount of space for up to five adult passengers. This is noticeable in the back, in particular, with 35.7 inches of rear legroom to stretch out. In the trunk, the Chevrolet Trax offers 18.7 cubic feet of storage. When you fold the 60/40-split-folding rear seat down, though, the cargo area opens up to 48.4 cubic feet.
Make the 2016 Chevrolet Trax Your Next Vehicle at Cox Chevrolet!
If you’re looking for a great deal on a versatile vehicle, then it’s time for you to check out the 2016 Chevrolet Trax at Cox Chevrolet. We happily serve drivers throughout the Tampa area at our dealership, which is located at 2900 Cortez Rd. W. in Bradenton, FL. We’re open seven days a week for sales, and you can always contact us to get more information about this year’s lineup!