The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is built with high-strength, sturdy steel. The three powerful engines on last year’s model carry over, as well. However, this year’s model makes more use of the sophisticated eight-speed automatic transmissions on the 5.3L V8 and 6.2L V8 powertrains. The exterior has been updated with more muscular lines, more chrome grill elements, and HID headlights, and inside, you’ll enjoy access to your favorite media thanks to available Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
You never have to worry about getting the job done when you have the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 on hand.
- 4.3L V6: When you go with the base V6 engine, you’ll get an impressive 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. That’s the best torque for a V6 in this class, while towing is also quite strong at up to 7,600 pounds. EPA estimates come in at up to 24 mpg highway and 18 mpg city.
- 5.3L V8: The middle engine in this lineup provides 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, while properly equipped models can tow up to 11,000 pounds. Fuel economy reaches up to an EPA-estimated 23 mpg highway and 16 mpg city.
- 6.2L V8: The biggest engine available on the Silverado, this hefty V8 pumps out a robust 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque while delivering a best-in-class towing capacity of up to 12,000 pounds. You won’t sacrifice much fuel economy to get those capabilities, either, as this engine hits up to 21 mpg highway and 16 mpg city.
Chevrolet knows that its buyers love the Silverado 1500 for a variety of different reasons, which is why they provide various trims and price ranges. There are seven basic trims on this pickup, from the entry-level Work Truck starting at an MSRP from $38,495 and advancing to the fully loaded and luxurious High Country model with an MSRP from $52,815. Take a look at some of the feature highlights this year.
- OnStar: All versions of the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, except the introductory trim, come with the OnStar telematics system. This means you’ll get automatic crash notification, emergency roadside assistance, stolen vehicle assistance, and a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Chevrolet MyLink: All models, except for the base trim, have an advanced infotainment interface displayed on a 7-inch touchscreen. Using the steering-wheel-mounted controls, you can navigate through Chevrolet MyLink’s smartphone app integration, driver settings, navigation system, and more.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: This is the most connected Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ever designed, giving drivers and passengers access to the most advanced smartphone integration capabilities in the industry today. With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you can easily navigate and access your favorite smartphone apps directly without every taking your hands off the steering wheel.
Reviews from auto critics are already starting to trickle in, and there seems to be consensus about the benefits of choosing the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- Kelley Blue Book: “Although there are only two noteworthy changes to the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado lineup of full-size pickups, together they go a long way toward improving the big Chevy trucks’ competitive edge in this hotly contested market.”
- Car and Driver: “The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado takes a traditional truck path but counters that with a comfortable, refined interior and a mother lode of technology.”
Invest in the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at Cox Chevrolet
Whether you’re looking for a basic work truck or a fully loaded model with lots of creature comforts, the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is ready to deliver. Find it now near Tampa at Cox Chevrolet, located at 2900 Cortez Rd. W. in Bradenton, FL. Stop by any day of the week for a test drive, or contact us for more information!