The Camaro has always been able to change with the times while remaining true to its roots. The 2016 version has been redesigned, but the wheel has not been reinvented. The car sports a new front end, new wheel designs, and new light designs to help it reflect current tastes. The interior has a new steering wheel and center stack, along with an electronic parking brake.
New engine options include a fuel-efficient turbocharged four-cylinder plus a midrange V6 that puts out more power than the outgoing model. It’s not a comprehensive rethinking of the Camaro, but it’s an exciting modern addition to a long line of American muscle cars.
Compare the performance of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro to other high-end sports cars, and the accessible price starts to seem even more impressive.
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT: $25,700
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT: $29,800
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS: $36,300
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS: $41,300
The diverse lineup of available powertrains ensures that you can find a Camaro that performs exactly the way you want it to.
- Engines: The new base engine is a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder that puts out 275 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque and sprints from 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds. Next up is a 3.6L V6 that boosts power to 335 hp and 284 lb-ft of torque while lowering the sprint time to 5.1 seconds. The king of the road is a 6.2L V8 that makes 455 hp and 455 lb-ft of torque and reaches 60 mph in four seconds flat.
- Transmissions: Drivers can choose between a six-speed manual transmission and an eight-speed automatic with paddle shifters, both of which may be paired with any of the engine choices.
- Drive Mode Selector: Vehicle performance can be changed on the fly to one of four modes—Sport, Tour, Snow/Ice, and Track.
Trims and Features
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is for people who love to drive. That’s why it comes standard with so many features to enhance your comfort, convenience, safety, and performance.
- 1LT: Satellite radio gives you access to over 130 exclusive radio stations and a rearview camera makes backing up safe and easy. The OnStar telematics system further enhances safety while doubling as a 4G LTE Wi-FI hotspot to give you internet access on the go.
- 2LT: A nine-speaker premium audio system from Bose comes standard, delivering pristine sound quality. A universal home remote ensures that you never get locked out of your garage. Dual-zone climate controls keep both driver and passenger perfectly comfortable.
- 1SS: HID headlamps give you a complete picture of the road even when it’s raining out, and 20-inch wheels help to further enforce the imposing character of the V8 Camaro. Inside the cabin, an eight-inch multifunction display puts the whole car at your fingertips.
- 2SS: High-tech features include driver’s seat memory functions and a heads-up display to keep your eyes on the road at all times. A unique configurable ambient lighting scheme helps you set the mood in the cockpit to exactly how you feel.
The critics have been quick to applaud the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro for its unmistakable looks and stellar performance.
- Edmunds: “With new hardware under the skin and a turbocharged four-cylinder under the hood (on base models, at least), the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro advances this iconic pony car legacy’s into the future.”
- Car and Driver: “The sixth-generation Camaro is not only newer than it looks on the outside, it has attained a new level of driving precision for its genre.”
- USA Today: “The new Camaro is a traffic stopper. It drew fans every time I stopped. It has the classic Camaro shape and proportions, but a narrow grille and scalloped sides make it look much leaner.”
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro
Why not take a test drive just to see how this beast performs on the road? Make your way to Cox Chevrolet located at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL. We are only 45 minutes from Tampa and an easy drive down I-75. Contact us to let us know you’re coming, and we will have a Camaro waiting for you when you get here.