The 2013 Chevrolet Cruze vs. The 2013 Dodge Dart
If you’re in the Tampa area and looking for a reliable, fun, comfortable sedan, look no further than the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze. Here at Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton we have no doubt that you will enjoy everything the Cruze has to offer! It touts some serious power under the hood, a host of unmatched standard features, and superb handling for a thrilling driving experience. If that sounds like the ideal vehicle for you, stop by our dealership, located just an hour south of Tampa, and take a brand-new Cruze for a test drive!
Drivers in the market for a sporty sedan might want to consider the many other models on the market before they take the plunge. The 2013 Dodge Dart is a solid choice that has proved to be a worthy foe to the Cruze, but it simply falls short when competing with all that Chevy manages to offer in terms of technology and performance.
With the Cruze, Standard is Better
Containing a wide variety of standard accommodations, drivers of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze have a lot to brag about. Every inch of the interior is designed with your convenience in mind, and Chevy has packed in several helpful and entertaining features that Dodge did not, including:
- Power locks and power remote mirrors
- Bluetooth handsfree technology that allows you to make or receive phone calls using the steering wheel-mounted controls or the stereo system
- Automatic headlight on/off feature
- Satellite radio capability
- Auxiliary power outlet
Unfortunately for the Dart, all of the aforementioned conveniences cost extra or are not available at all. If you don’t spring for the power locks and mirrors for the Dart, each door has to be locked individually and the mirrors must be adjusted by hand. None of that comes at any extra cost in the Cruze!
Cruze Performance Reigns Supreme Over the Dart
When it comes to performance, the Cruze’s superior engineering comes out on top in nearly every key category. Compared to the Dart, the Cruze has:
- Faster 0-to-60 mph time than the Dart by 0.2 seconds (8.6 seconds vs. 8.8 seconds) and has more instantaneous acceleration thanks to the Cruze’s 1.8 DOHC 4-cylinder engine.
- An engine that produces its peak torque at a lower 3800 RPM’s as opposed to the Dart’s higher 4600 RPM’s.
- Better EPA estimated fuel economy, with 28 mpg city and 42 mpg highway compared to the Dart’s 25 mpg city and 36 mpg highway.
- A turning radius of 35.7 feet, which is 0.8 feet tighter than the Dart’s 36.5 feet.
Visit Cox Chevrolet to Test Drive the Superior Sedan
For a hands-on examination of the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze, or any other new Chevrolet model, come on down to Cox Chevrolet! We’re located at 2900 Cortez Road in Bradenton, about an hour away from Tampa by way of I-75 S. For any questions or to schedule a test drive, contact our sales staff at (888) 350-4514 today!