2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. 2015 Toyota Tundra
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2015 Toyota Tundra
The 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 vs. the 2015 Toyota Tundra
When you need a truck that can go anywhere, haul anything, and easily handle all your gear along with your whole crew, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the clear choice. It offers a range of beastly engine options that also use less gas than the competition, features designed to make your work easier for you, and the legendary reputation for reliability that the Silverado has always been known for.
When you look at out how it compares to the 2015 Toyota Tundra, we’re sure you’ll decide that you’d rather rely on the Silverado. When you do drive in and see us at Cox Chevy to check it out in person. Our dealership is conveniently located less than an hour south of Tampa in Bradenton.
Whether you’re depending on your pickup for personal use or big jobs, you don’t want to pay more for gas than you have to. In this department, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the sure choice:
- Silverado 1500 MPG: The standard engine is a 4.3L V6 that is rated at an impressive 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway.
- Tundra Fuel MPG: The Tundra does not offer a V6 engine option, and fuel efficiency tops out at 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway.
Despite being better on gas, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is also better at towing:
- Silverado 1500 Towing: The 4.3L V6 engine can tow up to 7,600 pounds, and an available 6.2L V8 engine option tows as much as 12,000 pounds when properly equipped.
- Tundra Towing: The standard V8 engine tows only 6,800 pounds, while the strongest engine option falls short with a maximum capacity of just 10,500 pounds.
Both of these pickups are available with a wide range of standard and optional features, but the most coveted one is something that you will only find in the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: OnStar. This cutting-edge telematics system provides automatic crash notification, roadside assistance, remote door unlocking, and stolen vehicle assistance. It also doubles as a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, which extends a high-speed internet connection to up to seven devices no matter where you are located.
Haul more thanks to the longer beds offered by the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:
- Silverado 1500 Bed Options: Options include a 5.75-foot short bed, a 6.5-foot standard bed, and an 8.2-foot long bed.
- Tundra Bed Options: Options are limited to a include a 5.5-foot short bed, a 6.5-foot standard bed, and an 8.1-foot long bed
In addition to being the only pickup to offer OnStar, the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado has received superior crash test scores to the Tundra. The NHTSA gave the Silverado pickup a perfect five out of five star overall safety rating. The Tundra scored only four stars.
Accomplish More with the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Decide if this is the right pickup for you by touring and test-driving it at Cox Chevy, your certified Tampa area Chevy dealer at 2900 Cortez Rd West in Bradenton, Florida. We are easy to reach from Tampa by taking I-75 South, and easy to visit on your schedule because we are open seven days a week. Contact us if we can answer any questions about the Silverado or any of our affordable financing offers.