Chevrolet Volt Trims
The 2017 Chevy Volt offers two exciting trims for Sarasota and Tampa Electric Car lovers to enjoy. Explore what they have in common, and the differences you can expect from each one here, then stop in to Cox Chevy in Bradenton to see for yourself why the Chevy Volt was named Green Car Journal’s “2016 Green Car of the Year.”
The 2017 Chevy Volt LT
With a base price of just $33,220 before rebates and incentives, the Volt LT offers drivers a cost-effective entry into the world of EV cars. Featuring an impressive electric engine perfect for gas-free commuting, an astounding tech suite, and advanced safety equipment designed to inspire confidence, the Chevy Volt LT is anything but entry-level:
- Performance – The 2017 Chevy Volt LT is powered by two electric motors that work together to enhance efficiency and improve range. These engines are paired with a lithium-ion battery pack that allows the vehicle to travel up to 53 miles on a single charge. If the driver needs to go farther than that, the Volt has a 1.5L gasoline-powered generator that can take the vehicle another 367 miles, or a total of 420 miles, with a full tank of gas. The Volt can do this thanks to the use of lighter materials, a more efficient battery, and features like Regen on Demand, the regenerative braking system that captures the car’s momentum and uses it to add charge to the battery. The Volt also offers impressive power, delivering 149 hp and as much as 294 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- Charging – The Volt comes with a 120-volt portable charge cord that can be plugged in to any standard outlet to bring the car to a full charge in about 13 hours. Drivers can also opt for a professionally-installed 240-volt charging system that can charge the vehicle in just about 4.5 hours. The onboard charging system can be programmed to use GPS data and programmable “home” setting to charge during off-peak hours, saving even more on electricity as it fuels up.
- Interactive Infotainment – The Volt features a well-equipped Chevy MyLink system that connects to the driver’s compatible smartphone through Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. This connection delivers access to news, weather, music, calling, audio and more, as well as the ability to connect up to seven devices to the optional 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection for connectivity wherever there is a signal.
- Stylish Convenience – Features like automatic climate control with air conditioning, passive keyless entry, pushbutton start, multifunction steering wheel with cruise, calling, and audio controls, and remote start, make the Volt nearly hands-free and effortless. Drivers can even use the myChevrolet Mobile App to lock and unlock their car from anywhere, as well as sending navigation information directly to the available navigation system. These features and the attention to detail and design make the Volt LT one of the most well-equipped vehicles in the segment.
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
The Premier trim shares its powerplant with the LT, and builds upon the stellar features offered in the compact electric with impressive tech, safety, and convenience features that provide a new level of driving joy:
- Advanced Safety – Like the LT, the Premier trim features a suite of advanced airbags that include dual-stage driver and front passenger and thorax side-impact airbags at all outboard positions. Both trims are also equipped with a standard rearview camera, teen driver system, and OnStar system with Automatic Crash Notification. The Premier builds on those features by adding standard Automatic Parking Assist, and access to Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Keep Assist, Forward Collision Alert, and Forward Automatic Braking.
- Added Interior Amenities – The Volt Premier gives drivers standard leather-appointed heated front seats for driver and front passenger comfort, auto-dimming rearview mirror, the stunning Bose premium audio system with 8-speakers including subwoofer, and access to the optional navigation system with real-time traffic updates for a smooth, pleasant commute no matter what’s happening outside.
- Exterior Upgrades – In addition to the optional illuminated charge port which also acts as a charge indicator, drivers have access to the same LED low-beam, daytime running, and taillamps sported by the LT trim. These not only look good, but help to reduce energy consumption and prolong the life of the units. Drivers can also opt for niceties like manual-folding power heated exterior mirrors, 17-inch 5-spoke aluminum wheels, and “Volt” sill plates to add additional protection and convenience to the Volt.
Explore the 2017 Chevy Volt Trims Available to Sarasota and Tampa Drivers
Find the 2017 Chevy Volt trim that most excites you near Sarasota and Tampa today. Contact Cox Chevy at (888) 350-4514 or visit us at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL to schedule your appointment or for help with any questions.