The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado Delivers Robust Towing Specs
Are you looking for a pickup truck with the capacity to haul large loads behind it? The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is offered with best-in-class towing capacities of up to 12,500 pounds. You’ll also find a variety of advanced towing features available, including a Max Trailering Package, StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control, and a Rear Vision Camera that gives you a view of what’s behind you. For big jobs in Tampa or Sarasota, count on the newest Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup at Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton.
Towing Capacities by Engine
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 full-size pickup is offered with either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, as well as three different engine options.
- 4.3L EcoTec V6: A properly equipped Silverado 1500 with the 4.3L V6 base engine can tow up to 7,600 pounds.
- 5.3L EcoTec V8: Available on the 2017 Silverado 1500 LT and higher models, the mid-level 5.3L V8 engine upgrades this pickup to a maximum towing capacity of 11,100 pounds.
- 6.2L EcoTec V8: At the top of the lineup, the 6.2L V8 engine delivers a best-in-class maximum towing capacity of 12,500 pounds.
Advanced Towing Features
In addition to its robust towing capacities, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 also offers an abundance of advanced towing features that will make it easier for you to haul large loads behind you. These include:
- Max Trailering Package: This comes complete with advanced integrated brake control, a radiator with a higher capacity, and a more heavily calibrated suspension.
- Tow/Haul Mode: Put the Silverado 1500 into tow haul mode to recalibrate your powertrain for maximum towing and hauling capabilities.
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control: Standard on all Silverado 1500 models, this system gauges whether your trailer is swaying back and forth. If it is, then the integrated trailer brake control system engages to apply the trailer brakes and reduce sway.
- Rear Vision Camera: Keep an eye on what you’re hauling behind you with the available Rear Vision Camera, with a screen integrated into the vehicle’s central screen.
Get Behind the Wheel of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Whether you’re looking for a basic work truck, a mid-level model, or a high-end luxury pickup, there’s a version of the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with the style and capabilities you desire. You’ll be able to handle big jobs, too, thanks to the impressive towing numbers and features on this model. Check it out near Tampa and Sarasota today at Cox Chevrolet, located at 2900 Cortez Rd. W. in Bradenton, FL. We’re open seven days a week, and you can contact us anytime at (941) 749-2690.