Robust Performance from the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
From its commanding V6 and V8 engine options to a max towing capacity of 12,500 pounds and a payload capacity of up to 2,250 pounds, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 delivers confidence-inducing performance and everything you would want from a full-size pickup truck. You’ll have access to performance features like StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control and Tow/Haul Mode. Keep reading to get a closer look at the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500’s performance specs and features, and prepare to drive one home to Tampa or Sarasota from Cox Chevy in Bradenton, FL.
Towing Capacity and Features
The designers at Chevrolet know that Silverado enthusiasts expect their pickup to be able to pull their weight. That’s why this pickup is capable of towing up to 12,500 pounds when properly equipped. In addition, it’s offered with a variety of innovative towing solutions to make things easier and safer when you’ve got a trailer behind you. Here’s what’s offered on the towing front:
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control: This system is able to tell if the trailer is about to sway and prevent it by sending braking power to specific wheels to adjust the weight load.
- Rear Vision Camera: Keep your eyes on the load behind you with the help of the integrated rear vision camera.
- Integrated Brake Controller: Stay in control of your trailer with the help of the integrated brake controller.
- Tow/Haul Mode: This system specifically tailors the vehicle’s different performance systems based on the kind of work you’re doing.
Impressive Payload Capabilities
You’ll also have the ability to haul a lot of stuff inside the truck bed—measuring 5.7 feet, 6.5 feet, or 8 feet, depending on the configuration you choose. On top of the ability to take a payload of up to 2,250 pounds, the Silverado 1500 is offered with easy loading access and utility thanks to:
- Four lower tie-downs
- CornerStep rear bumper and pocket hand grips
- EZ Lift & Lower tailgate
Each of the three Chevy Silverado 1500 powertrains gives you the ability to get big jobs done. Choose the one that best suits your needs:
- 4.3L V6: The base engine on the Silverado 1500 is 4.3L V6 which comes with a six-speed automatic transmission and generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.3L V8: Move up to a 5.3L V8 with a six-speed or eight-speed automatic transmission and get a bump in output to 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8: At the top of the powertrain lineup is a 6.2L V8 with an eight-speed automatic transmission—good for a commanding 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Take Home the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500
The new Silverado 1500 has already inspired confidence among a swathe of pickup drivers in Sarasota and Tampa. Come check it out for yourself today at Cox Chevy at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL. We’re open every day, and you can also contact us at (941) 749-2690.