2019 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2019 Nissan Rogue
EPA-estimated fuel economy
252 hp from 2.0L turbocharged inline-four
176 hp from 2.0L gas/electric hybrid fj
Sarasota drivers comparing the 2019 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2019 Nissan Rogue face a difficult decision. Both are strong contenders in the crossover SUV segment. However, the new Chevrolet Equinox:
- Costs less on the base MSRP
- Provides two more years or 24,000 more miles of roadside assistance
- Comes standard with features like navigation, keyless start, premium cloth upholstery, and more
- Generates 28 more lb-ft of torque from its smaller introductory engine and has more engines in its lineup
Performance capabilities is one area where choosing the Chevrolet Equinox or Nissan Rogue is made simple.
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox: Starting off the lineup is a 1.5L turbocharged inline-four engine that generates 170 hp and 203 lb-ft of torque, followed by a 1.6L turbodiesel engine that churns out 137 hp and 240 lb-ft of torque. At the top of the lineup is a 2.0L turbocharged inline-four engine that makes 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- 2019 Nissan Rogue: Choose a 2.5L inline-four that manages just 170 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque, or a gas/electric hybrid powertrain rated at 176 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
Comparing the Chevy Equinox vs. Nissan Rogue, Tampa drivers can expect superior fuel economy returns along the highway with the Equinox.
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox: EPA-estimated 28 mpg city and 39 mpg highway with a turbodiesel engine
- 2019 Nissan Rogue: EPA-estimated 33 mpg city and 35 mpg highway with the hybrid engine
Finally, the 2019 Chevrolet Equinox beats the 2019 Nissan Rogue in terms of towing capabilities. The Equinox boasts a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, whereas the Rogue’s maximum towing capacity tops out at 1,102 pounds.
Test Drive the New Chevrolet Equinox at Cox Chevrolet
Now that you’ve compared Chevy vs. Nissan, see how it compares against other models like the Chevrolet Traverse, then head to Cox Chevrolet to browse our inventory of new Chevrolet Equinox models. Get in touch to take one for a test drive around Palmetto!