2019 Chevrolet Cruze vs. 2018 Ford Focus
Want to drive a compact sedan or a hatchback around Sarasota? Both options are available with 2019 Chevrolet Cruze and the 2018 Ford Focus. In comparison, the Cruze:
- Churns out 31 more lb-ft of torque from its introductory engine and holds 1.3 more gallons of gas in its fuel tank
- Promises better fuel economy returns along city streets and on the highway
- Holds 1.6 more cubic feet of cargo in the trunk of the sedan
Performance and MPG
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
starts off with a smaller engine than the 2018 Ford Focus, but it packs more punch – and also proves more efficient.
- Cruze: A 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine generates 177 lb-ft of torque. Sarasota drivers can expect an EPA-estimated 28 mpg city and 38 mpg highway as standard. Otherwise, an available 1.6L turbo diesel engine offers up to 31 mpg city and 48 mpg highway with the sedan.
- Focus: A 2.0L four-cylinder engine manages just 146 lb-ft of torque, as well as an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city and 34 mpg highway as standard. Even a secondary 1.0L EcoBoost engine doesn’t come close to the Chevy Cruze, at 40 mpg highway.
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze boasts a greater fuel capacity and more trunk space than the 2018 Ford Focus.
- Cruze: 13.7 gallons of gas; 14.8 cubic feet in the trunk; 47.2 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded down in the Chevy Cruze Hatchback
- Focus: 12.4 gallons of gas; 13.2 cubic feet in the trunk; 43.9 cubic feet when the rear seats are folded down in the Focus Hatchback
What’s more, the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze offers more advanced technology from the start of the lineup than the 2018 Ford Focus. For example, the introductory Cruze model can be equipped with the following technology features that are unavailable or cost more on the Focus:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone app integration compatibility
- Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- 7-inch touchscreen interface (compared with 4.2 inches on the Focus)
Learn More About the Chevrolet Cruze Reviews
Read the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze reviews before visiting Cox Chevrolet to take one for a test drive! Our team is happy to help in any way we can, including explaining how to change your car oil!