2017 Chevrolet Impala Safety Features and Awards
The 2017 Chevy Impala safety features make it one of the best family sedan options around Tampa and Sarasota. Advanced accident prevention technologies work to help you avoid an accident before it happens while state-of-the-art passenger protection features attempt to minimize the risk of injury in an accident. The result is a sedan that earns some of the highest marks from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The top goal of the 2017 Chevy Impala safety features is to get you and your passengers to your destination safe and sound.
- Airbags: A suite of 10 airbags comes standard on the Impala, including front, front side, side curtain, and front knee airbags, protecting every seating position in the event of an accident.
- Seat Belts: Three-point seat belts are standard in each of the five seats, securing you and your passengers in the event of a collision, whether it’s a full-on accident or a minor fender bender.
- OnStar: In the event of an accident, the standard OnStar system can be set to contact the authorities and ensure that emergency services are on their way to your location to make sure everyone is safe.
They say that the best accident is one you can walk away from, but we’re going to take that a step further and say that the best accident is one you can prevent. The 2017 Chevy Impala safety features include a variety of advanced technologies designed to help you avoid an accident, including:
- Rearview Camera: Back up with confidence that the path behind the Impala is clear with the available rearview camera.
- Forward Collision Warning: A radar system is available that detects the speed of vehicles surrounding the Impala and alerts you if you’re approaching a car too quickly. Available Collision Mitigation Braking can even apply the brakes to slow or stop the Impala.
- Lane Departure Warning: If the Impala starts to drift from its lane, this safety feature issues audio and visual warnings to bring your focus back to the road and stay in your lane.
- Side Blind Zone Alert: Available radar sensors in the rear of the Impala detect vehicles in your blind spot and light up indicators so you can know whether there’s a car in the lane you want to merge into.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: The radar of the Side Blind Zone Alert system can also sense when cars are passing behind you, giving you the peace of mind to inch slowly out of a parking spot or driveway knowing that a car isn’t coming from your left or right.
The 2017 Chevy Impala safety features sure sound impressive, but we can understand if you aren’t eager to test out the airbags or the seat belts. Auto safety experts at crash test facilities take care of that for you, ranking modern vehicles so you can know just how safe they are. Here’s how the Impala performed:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: The NHTSA analyzes each new car in key crash tests, and they awarded the 2017 Impala perfect five-star scores in Side Crash and Frontal Crash tests, giving it a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: While they have yet to test the 2017 model, the IIHS awarded their highest score – “Good” – to the Impala in its Moderate Front Overlap and Side Impact crash tests. They also ranked the Impala’s crash avoidance technology as “Superior,” putting it a step above the rest.
Discover the 2017 Chevy Impala Safety Features Near Sarasota and Tampa Today
We’ve broken down how the 2017 Chevy Impala safety features make it a great choice for a family sedan, now let us show you all of the other reasons you should want to drive one home. Sarasota and Tampa drivers can get behind the wheel at Cox Chevy, 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST, Bradenton. Contact Cox Chevy online or give us a call at (941) 749-2690 to schedule a test drive of the Impala.