2017 Chevrolet Equinox Safety Features
The standard and available 2017 Chevrolet Equinox safety features make it one of the best family SUV options for Tampa and Sarasota drivers. From its passenger protection features to advanced safety technology designed to help you avoid an accident, the Equinox is engineered for safety – and it shows in the safety ratings.
At the bare minimum, every vehicle needs to be able to keep its passengers safe during an accident, and the 2017 Equinox does this through a variety of passenger protection features, including:
- Airbags: Six standard airbags deploy with enough force to cushion passengers during an accident. Placement in the front, front side, and side curtain areas ensures all passengers are covered.
- Advanced Safety Frame: It might not look like it, but underneath the Equinox is a high-strength steel safety cage that’s engineered to protect everyone in the vehicle during an accident.
- Seat Belts: Each of the five passengers has a three-point seat belt, designed to anchor you in place during an accident.
- OnStar: The automatic emergency notification system of OnStar can alert the authorities to your accident and send help immediately.
The saying used to be that the best accident was any one you could walk away from, but with safety technology advancing in leaps and bounds, that’s changing. Now the best accident is the one you avoid, and these standard and available 2017 Chevrolet Equinox safety features are here to help:
- Rear Vision Camera: The standard rear camera engages whenever you shift into reverse and offers a clear view of what’s behind the Equinox for peace of mind before backing up.
- Lane Departure Warning: This available safety feature monitors the markings on the road and alerts the driver to any potential drift, bringing the focus back to the drive and working to keep the vehicle centered in its lane.
- Side Blind Zone Alert: Radar sensors on the side of the vehicle let this available safety feature alert a driver to cars in the blind spots before even signaling to change lanes.
- Forward Collision Alert: These available sensors on the front of the Equinox are able to detect how quickly you’re approaching a vehicle and if there’s a risk of a collision, alerting you to slow down.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When backing up, this available system uses radar to alert the driver to any vehicles crossing left or right behind the Equinox.
All of these features surely look impressive, but the last thing you want is to have to put them to the test. Lucky for you, top safety organizations have already done the testing:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded a Five-Star Side Crash Safety Rating, a Four-Star Frontal Crash Safety Rating, a Four-Star Rollover Safety Rating, and a Four-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating to the Equinox.
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave Equinox models equipped with front collision warning technology their Top Safety Pick award, marking it as one of the safest SUVs available.
Explore the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox Safety Features Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
Now that you know the 2017 Chevrolet Equinox safety features not only help keep everyone safe in an accident but can actually prevent an accident, let us show you what else there is to love about this SUV. Sarasota and Tampa drivers can get behind the wheel of an Equinox at Cox Chevy, 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST. Contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2690 to set up a test drive.