The 2016 Chevy Malibu Safety Features
The redesigned 2016 Chevy Malibu has been built to protect you and your passengers with comprehensive safety features to aid in accident prevention as well as protection from harm in the event of a collision. Read on to see why these features make the Malibu a premium choice for Tampa and Sarasota drivers.
When it comes to passenger protection, the Malibu has been designed to do make sure you and yours get to where you need to be safely:
- Comprehensive Airbag Protection – Your Malibu will be equipped with 10 air bags that deploy upon impact providing protection from all directions.
- LATCH Body Construction – Chevy’s innovative Lower Anchors and Top tethers for Children (LATCH) structure maximizes the protection of its high-strength steel construction in the event of a collision.
- OnStar® Response – In the event of an accident, the Malibu is equipped with OnStar® technology that can be activated to reach out and send emergency assistance if needed.
An array of preventative measures are taken by the accident prevention features offered on the 2016 Chevy Malibu for your vehicle to aid you in the event of a possible collision:
- Lane Keep Assist – Standard on the 2LT trim and available on the 1LT, Hybrid, and Premier trims, this technology warns you when you stray from the center of your lane without a turn signal.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This feature applies the brake when the vehicle is in cruise control and an accident is sensed to be imminent.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – Available to the 1LT, Hybrid, and Premier trims and standard on the 2LT, this technology applies brakes when the vehicle senses a pedestrian in your trajectory.
- Low Speed Front Automatic Braking – If a front end collision is predicted while driving at a low speed, this system applies the front brakes to reduce the risk of a collision.
- Rear Vision Camera – A rearview camera is standard on the LS, LT, Hybrid, and Premier trim options so that you have additional visibility to prevent an accident while in reverse.
Rest assured the Malibu has been evaluated with the highest ratings for safety by the most trusted sources:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – The top 5-star award for safety has been given to the 2016 Chevy Malibu with 5-star ratings for frontal collisions and side crashes.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – The IIHS has awarded the 2016 Chevy Malibu with “Good” which is the highest safety rating given.
Experience the 2016 Chevy Malibu Near Tampa and Sarasota Today
Visit us at Cox Chevy from 8AM-8PM Monday-Friday, 9AM-6PM Saturday, and 11AM-5PM Sunday to test drive the 2016 Chevy Malibu. Our Tampa, Sarasota, and surrounding area customers can find us at 2900 Cortex Rd W, Bradenton, FL or give us a call at 1-888-350-4514 for more information.