The 2016 Chevy Malibu Performance Specs Thrill Tampa and Sarasota
The 2016 Chevy Malibu offers the performance specs sure to give you the performance you need to cruise around Tampa and Sarasota with ease. Read on for more details about what you can expect under the hood, then stop by Cox Chevy to see it for yourself today.
The 2016 Chevy Malibu now offers three engine options so that you can choose the performance power you want and need while keeping in line with today’s standard of efficiency:
- 1.5L ECOTEC 4-cylinder DOHC engine with turbocharger – This engine is offered on the L, LS, and 1LT trims, generating 163 hp and 184 lb.-ft. peak torque, an impressive standard engine on the most basic trim options.
- 2.0L ECOTEC 4-cylinder DOHC engine with turbocharger – The 2LT and Premier trims come equipped with this engine, quite the step up from the aforementioned option. Generating up to 250 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of peak torque, this engine and its 8-speed automatic transmission is the preferred option among Malibu shoppers. The difference is substantial, packing a lot of power for a midsized sedan.
- 1.8L Hybrid 4-cylinder DOHC engine – The hybrid trim of the Malibu has an engine that offers our customers an efficient alternative to our more traditional cars. Our option generates up to 124 hp and 129 lb.-ft. of torque.
Whichever engine you choose, you’ll have a 13.0 gallon fuel tank capacity, and you can rest assured you’ll be receiving the gas mileage expected of a modern vehicle:
- L, LS, and 1LT – Equipped with a 6-speed transmission, these trims receive 27 mpg/city and 37 mpg/highway.
- 2LT and Premier – Working with an impressive 8-speed transmission, you can still get up to 22 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway on these powerful trims.
- Hybrid – The highest in its segment, the hybrid engine working with its automatic two-motor drive unit hybrid transmission gets up to 48 mpg/city and 45 mpg/highway .
Other Performance Features
While the engine itself might be enough for some, Chevy’s engineers have equipped the 2016 Malibu to appeal to a variety of driving needs:
- Stop/Start Technology – Paired with the 1.5L engine, stop/start technology turns the engine off when you come to a halt to save on power and starts back up immediately.
- Premium Brakes – All trims come equipped with high-performance/noise and dust performance brake lining on our 4-wheel antilock brakes to ensure you have the durable equipment needed to come to an abrupt stop.
- Hill Start Assist – Every level of the Malibu comes with this technology to ensure to you don’t roll back while driving at an incline or stopped at a red light, giving you a push toward stronger performance.
See the 2016 Chevy Malibu Performance Specs in Person Near Tampa and Sarasota
At Cox Chevy, we’re open 7 days a week, from 8AM-8PM Monday-Friday, 9AM-6PM Saturday, and 11AM-5PM Sunday. Contact us at (941) 749-2690 for more information or to schedule your test drive for a 2016 Chevy Malibu today. Our Tampa and Sarasota customers can visit us at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL.