2016 Chevy Impala Safety Features Bring Peace of Mind
As one of the most popular family sedans, the 2016 Chevy Impala safety features are a top concern for many of our Tampa and Sarasota drivers. A combination of preventative technologies and passenger protection features help keep Chevy’s famous sedan as one of the safest cars in its class, and it has the NHTSA safety scores to back it up.
The 2016 Chevy Impala safety features designed to protect passenger and driver during an accident have been standardized and tested over years and include:
- Airbags: A system of ten airbags works to protect front and rear passengers during an accident, cushioning with just the right amount of force and minimizing the risk of airbag-related injuries.
- Seat Belts: Each of the five passenger locations has three-point seat belts to keep you secure during hard stops or accidents.
- Frame Design: Underneath the Impala’s stunning good looks is a frame that’s built to be both sturdy and collapsible, crumpling in the right spots to keep damage in the cabin to a minimum.
- OnStar: More than just a concierge at your fingertips, OnStar can automatically report accidents to the authorities and have emergency services sent on the way to your location.
While helping to protect passengers during a collision is the top priority of modern safety features, technological advances have given us a wide range of amenities that could actually prevent an accident before it happens, including:
- StabiliTrak: This standard traction control feature adjusts engine power and torque to keep you in control if it detects a loss of traction on the pavement.
- Rearview Camera: This available safety feature serves as an extra set of eyes behind the Impala so you can park or back up with confidence. Just shift into reverse and the view pops up on the in-dash screen.
- Rear Parking Sensors: Parallel park or slide into a tight garage with ease thanks to the chirps of the available rear parking sensors; they get more frequent as you get closer to an object, letting you know when to shift into park.
- Forward Collision Warning: An available radar sensor detects how close the Impala is to a vehicle in front of it and issues a warning if it senses you closing too quickly on it.
- Automatic Braking: Working together with Forward Collision Warning, this system can apply the brakes to the Impala to help slow or even stop the vehicle.
- Lane Departure Warning: This available front-end camera keeps an eye on the pavement markings, issuing an audio and visual warning if it senses you drifting from the lane.
- Blind-Spot Monitoring: This radar system adds another level of confidence when you need to change lanes, indicating whether a vehicle is in the blind spot of your Impala before you even signal. It can also sense when vehicles are passing behind your Impala and alert you to cross traffic before backing up.
It’s one thing to list off the advanced safety features of a sedan, but it’s another entirely to know that they deliver the safety they promise. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the 2016 Impala with a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Safety Rating thanks to its performance in the following crash tests:
- Frontal Barrier Crash Test: Five Stars
- Side Crash Test: Five Stars
- Rollover Safety Test: Four Stars
The NHTSA also recommends the available forward collision warning and lane departure warning systems.
Witness the 2016 Chevy Impala Safety Features at Your Sarasota and Tampa Chevy Authority
We hope that a review of the 2016 Chevy Impala safety features was just what you needed to see that this is a smart choice for a new sedan, whether it’s a work vehicle or a family car. Sarasota and Tampa drivers can see the Impala in person at Cox Chevrolet in Bradenton; you’ll find us open seven days a week at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST.
Contact us online or by phone at (941) 749-2690 to set up a test drive of the Impala and see its advanced safety features and other amenities in person.