2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Trims
For maximum power and performance, there is nothing quite like the 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD trims available in Tampa and Sarasota. Drivers who want one of these powerhouses might find it difficult to choose from all of the worthy options available so we asked the experts at Cox Chevy to compare the trims and make that job easier. Read it through, the stop on in and test-drive yours today.
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Truck Bed Configurations
The 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is available to Tampa and Sarasota truck buyers in seven distinctive trim levels, each with their own unique charms:
- Regular Cab, Long Box – This configuration delivers up to 76.3 cubic feet of cargo volume in the 97.76-inch bed and can haul up to 4,390 pounds.
- Regular Cab, Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel – This model offers the same large bed as the model above but increases the payload to a maximum of 7,153 pounds.
- Double Cab, Long Box – This long box delivers identical cargo volume as the other two models, but with a payload capacity of 4,292 pounds
- Double Cab, Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel – The same box as previous double cabs but the additional wheel gives drivers up to 6,234 pounds of payload.
- Crew Cab, Standard Box – The only standard box in the lineup provides a 78.86-inch bed that can hold 61.0 cubic feet of cargo and haul as much as 4,080 pounds.
- Crew Cab, Long Box – Capable of hauling 76.3 cubic feet of cargo in the 97.76-inch bed, this Crew Cab can haul a maximum of 4,147 pounds.
- Crew Cab, Long Box, Dual Rear Wheel – The largest of the 3500HD fleet, this “dually” has a maximum cargo capacity of 6,111 pounds.
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD WT
With a base price of just $37,010, the WT trim offers an excellent starting point for drivers:
- Performance – Select either the 6.0L VORTEC V8 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission for 360-hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, or the optional 6.6L Duramax turbodiesel engine with heavy-duty Allison 6-speed automatic transmission that can generate 397-hp and 765 lb.-ft. of torque. Properly equipped, these powerplants provide up to 20,000 pounds of conventional towing, and as much as 23,200 pounds of 5th wheel towing.
- Features – In addition to the CornerStep rear bumper step, manual trailering mirrors, and locking tailgate, drivers get access to the 6-speaker audio system with 4.2-inch color display, cruise control, power windows and door locks, and air conditioning. The 3500HD can also become a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for up to seven devices when OnStar is activated.
- Safety – Chevy’s suite of airbags with front passenger airbag deactivation switch, is complimented by the StabiliTrak stability control and traction control systems for better handling and occupant protection. The OnStar system can provide roadside assistance and access to the Automatic Crash Response feature.
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT
The LT Trim, with a base price of $38,010, offers the basic features of the WT trim, and builds upon them:
- Capability – Like the WT trim, the LT is equipped with an external transmission oil cooler and an external engine oil cooler to help prevent overheating during heavy towing. The LT trim also offers an electronic shift transfer case with rotary dial controls to easily switch between 2WD and 4WD modes.
- Convenience – Exterior power-adjustable heated vertical trailering mirrors are standard equipment as is the Chevy MyLink system, which is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing you to connect your smartphone and access music, news, maps, Bluetooth hands-free calling, and more via the 8-inch color touchscreen interface or steering wheel mounted audio controls.
- Advanced Safety – Drivers gain access to optional amenities like a rearview camera, Lane Departure Warning, Front and Rear Park Assist, and Forward Collision Alert to help identify and avoid obstacles that may be difficult to see otherwise.
2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ
The Silverado 350HD LTZ has a base price of $46,775 and builds upon the lower trims wit options such as:
- Visibility – In addition to the power sliding rear window with defogger that comes as standard equipment, the LTZ also offers standard halogen projector beam headlamps, standard fog lamps, and optional LED cargo box lighting.
- Tech Options – Features like the navigation and Driver Alert become available, while standard features include auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual-zone automatic climate control, and heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seating.
- Trailering Ease – In addition to the abundant safety features already mentioned, the LTZ trim gets a standard rear vision camera which makes backing and parking a breeze and also makes hooking up to a trailer effortless.
Explore the 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Trims Now Available in Tampa and Sarasota
To test-drive any of the Chevy Silverado 3500HD trims available near Tampa and Sarasota, contact Cox Chevy at (888) 350-4514 or visit our showroom at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.