2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Trims
As the latest in a long line of world-renowned sports cars, the 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe trims have something special to offer Tampa and Sarasota drivers: a combination of legacy and modernity. One of the things we love about the Corvette at Cox Chevy is how it always manages to stay true to its roots while pushing the envelope of what a modern sports car can do.
The Stingray Coupe splits itself into two main styles that are each divided into three trim levels: the standard Stingray and the Stingray Z51. Let’s take a look at what each has to offer.
2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe 1LT
The basic 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe trim is one of the most well-appointed and precision engineered vehicles on the road. A set of 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels deliver the track-like performance you expect while also contributing to the Corvette’s unique sense of style.
- Engine: Under the hood of the Stingray Coupe 1LT and each of the trims we’re looking at is a 6.2L V8 engine paired to the driver’s choice of a seven-speed manual transmission with rev matching or an eight-speed automatic. Capable of 460 hp and 465 lb.-ft. of torque, this engine is eager to leave other driver’s in your rearview.
- Technology: Twin 8-inch displays form the core of the Stingray’s dash, with one serving as the driver information display and one central Chevy MyLink touchscreen. Bluetooth keeps you connected to your phone, with Apple CarPlay optimization for iPhone users.
- Comfort: Standard leather upholstery, eight-way power-adjustable front seats, and dual-zone automatic climate control ensures maximum comfort wherever the road takes you.
Features like the hood air extractor, powertrain cooling, and brake cooling all work to deliver one of the most high-performance coupes on the road. Adaptive suspension dampers are available on all trims, bundled with a Z51-style spoiler and summer performance tires on the standard Stingrays.
2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe Z51 1LT
The standard 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe trims were certainly angled toward performance, but the Z51 takes that to new heights. It amplifies the performance nature of the Stingray’s lighter aluminum frame and allows you to take the most advantage of the five distinct driving modes offered.
- Wheel Upgrades: Front and rear wheels increase to 19-inch and 20-inch, respectively, and the Z51 has upgraded front brakes, slotted rotors, and a sportier suspension tuning for improved performance.
- Transmission: While both the seven-speed manual and eight-speed automatic are available, the manual has revised gear ratios for improved responsiveness.
- Performance Exhaust: Dual-mode performance exhaust, which is optional on the non-Z51 models, gives the engine an extra bit of power, raising the V8 up a notch.
Upgrading with the available adaptive suspension dampers on the Z51 includes a traction management system. The 2LT and 3LT trims can be had in either the standard or Z51 configuration.
2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe 2LT
The 2LT trim adds onto features of the 1LT with a wide range of advanced safety features and cosmetic upgrades.
- Safety: In addition to the standard rearview camera, the 2LT adds on front-view parking cameras to get that placement just right.
- Displays: Adding onto the two display screen, Stingray Coupe 2LT models receive a heads-up display (HUD) that projects relevant vehicle information right onto the windshield just below the line of sight. Your performance specs are just a glance away.
- Style: Your soundtrack receives an upgrade as the Bose stereo system goes from 9 speakers to 10 (with dual subwoofers), and the interior has updates to the console and armrest trim colors.
This mid-range Corvette brings in technology and style to match the performance of the engine.
2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe 3LT
As the top of the lineup of standard Stingrays, the 3LT trim puts you in the lap of luxury and adds on the Corvette-exclusive performance data recorder.
- Interior Trim: The upholstery is upgraded to a premium Napa leather and wraps nearly the whole cabin in it, with a synthetic suede interior trim and interior colored instrument panels.
- Navigation: The 3LT’s standard navigation system routes you where you need to go with just a few taps on the screen or voice commands, directing the Corvette around traffic jams and construction as well.
- Performance Data Recorder: The Corvette is unique in so many ways, and the performance data recorder lets you show it all off. Record vehicle performance specs and video of your drive in HD to be shared with friends and Corvette lovers.
The definitive Stingray, optimized for elegance while still well aware of the 455-hp V8 under the hood, encouraging you to put it to the test with the performance data recorder.
Test Drive a 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe Near Sarasota and Tampa
There are few vehicles that have the legacy of a Corvette, and the 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe trims all call back to one of the most popular versions of this famous sports car. Sarasota and Tampa drivers should stop by Cox Chevy to see a new Stingray in person. Our showroom is open six days a week at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton; contact us online or by phone at 941-749-2690 to schedule your test drive.