2016 Chevrolet Colorado Trims
Back-to-Back winner of the Motor Trend Truck of the Year, the Chevy Colorado is quickly developing a reputation as an innovative truck that can do what the big boys can without all of the bulk. If you’ve been considering one of these midsized wonders but are overwhelmed by all of the data about each trim, Cox Chevy is here to help. We’ve compiled the information about the 2016 Chevy Colorado trims available in Tampa and Sarasota right here, to make your choice that much easier.
2016 Chevy Colorado Truck Bed Configurations
The 2016 Chevy Colorado is available in either 2WD or 4WD configurations and within each of those there are several cab and truck bed designs that drivers can choose from to build the truck they want:
- Extended Cab Long Box – The 4-passenger configuration is equipped with a 74-inch long bed and can be equipped with either the 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder engines.
- Crew Cab Long Box – The Crew Cab can accommodate five passengers and is available as either a 3.6L V6 or the 2.8L Duramax Turbodiesel and makes use of the same 74-inch bed design.
- Crew Cab Short Box – The 61.7-inch truck bed and 5-passenger Crew Cab configuration can be paired with a 4-cylinder engine and 2WD drivetrain, or pair it with the turbodiesel or V6 engines in either drivetrain
2016 Chevy Colorado WT
The base trim of the popular truck has a low starting price of just $22,275 and offers a long list of standard features that deliver the capability that makes this award-winner so popular:
- Performance – Equipped with either the 200-hp 2.5L inline 4-cylinder engine that makes 191 lb.-ft. of torque, or the 305-hp 3.6L DOHC V6 engine that makes 269 lb.-ft. of peak torque. The driver can select either the 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission and achieve a maximum trailering capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- Features – The Colorado is equipped with the ground-breaking CornerStep rear bumper and locking tailgate for easy access to the cargo area, as well as daytime running lamps for safety and visibility. Inside, the Colorado offers a standard 6-speaker audio system with 4.2-inch color touchscreen display, dual rear seats with under-seat storage, power driver’s seat, air-conditioning, and power windows. Drivers can even choose to turn their Colorado into a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for up to seven devices.
- Safety – The rear vision camera is standard equipment, as is the Tire Pressure Monitoring system, advanced airbag system, StabiliTrak stability control and traction control, and access to the OnStar System, which provides roadside assistance, concierge service, and access to Automatic Emergency Notification.
2016 Chevy Colorado LT
The LT can be had starting at only $25,820 MSRP and offers many of the same features as the WT trim, minus the 6-speed manual transmissions, with a few notable additions:
- Performance – With the LT trim, and the Crew Cab option drivers can choose the 181-hp 2.8L turbodiesel I4 powerplant that can produce up to 369 lb.-ft. of peak torque, increasing towing capacity to 7,700 pounds
- Features – The upgraded LT trim also benefits from new features like a spotter mirror, access to the Chevrolet MyLink audio system with 8-inch color touchscreen interface, automatic cruise control, remote keyless entry, satellite radio, and steering wheel mounted audio controls.
- Safety Options – The anti-theft system is standard while options such as Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning become available add-on options.
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
The top-of-the-line Z71 is an off-road favorite with a starting price of just $28,355 MSRP and a long list of competitive features that build upon previous trims, including:
- Off-Road Capable – The Z71 offers standard Hill Descent Control, off-road suspension, and options like an integrated brake controller, and Tow/Haul mode. The EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate becomes a standard feature as does the sliding rear window and power-adjustable exterior mirrors to make it easy to hook up to a trailer and get on the road.
- Storage Options – In addition to the front floor console available with the front bucket seats, drivers get an overhead storage console that allows them to keep daily items out of sight, but within easy reach. GearOn options are also available and allow the addition of racks and tie-downs for easy cargo management.
- Performance Audio – Driver’s not content with Chevy’s outstanding sound system can upgrade to the 7-speaker Bose performance audio system which integrates seamlessly into the vehicle’s MyLink system and makes use of the steering wheel mounted controls and touchscreen interface.
Experience the 2016 Chevy Colorado Trims Near Tampa and Sarasota
To get behind the wheel of an award-winning 2016 Chevy Colorado trims available near Tampa and Sarasota, contact Cox Chevy at (888) 350-4514 or visit our showroom at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL.