2016 Chevrolet Camaro Trims
If you’ve been considering getting yourself a new 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe to better enjoy your Tampa and Sarasota commute, but aren’t sure which trim level best suits your driving style, relax. The experts at Cox Chevy have prepared a quick run-through of the various trims, so that you can see how they’re similar, how they differ, and which one best suits your needs.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe 1LT
With a starting price of just $26,695 MSRP, the 1LT is the Camaro Coupe’s most affordable trim offering a long list of features that set the stage for the trims that follow:
- Performance – The base powerplant is the 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder SIDI paired to a 6-speed manual transmission with drive selector, which delivers 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque. Drivers can upgrade to the 3.6L V6 powerplant with direct injection and VVT for up to 335 hp and 284 lb.-ft. of torque. They also have access to a smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission for some of the most superb handling on the market.
- Features – Convenient exterior amenities include power-adjustable mirrors and variable intermittent wipers while interior features include 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seats, with 6-way power adjustment for passengers, a color driver information center, keyless access with pushbutton start, cruise control, and automatic climate control. The Camaro’s innovative tech offerings include Chevrolet MyLink 6-speaker audio system with 7-inch color touchscreen interface that delivers access to hands-free calling and satellite radio, and the ability to become a rolling 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for up to seven devices.
- Safety – The Camaro is designed to make fun safer with standard features that includes a suite of airbags with dual-stage frontal, thorax side-impact, driver knee, and head curtain side-impact protection. Each Camaro is also equipped with the StabiliTrak stability control system with Brake Assist, a rear vision camera, and benefits from the OnStar system which, when properly equipped, can provide Automatic Crash Notification to contact emergency services if you’re in an accident that causes the airbags to deploy.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe 2LT
The Camaro Coupe 2LT has a base price of only $30,795 MSRP and builds upon the list of features offered on the 1LT, and adds new amenities, including:
- Performance Audio – The 2LT is equipped with the Bose 7-speaker premium audio system which works seamlessly with the upgraded 8-inch color touchscreen interface and Chevrolet MyLink system for easy access to the music that moves you.
- Interior Options – Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats are standard, as is the dual-zone automatic climate control for interior cabin comfort no matter what the conditions outside. The new head-up display and universal home remote also become available.
- Advanced Safety – New safety options like Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Side Blind Zone Alert become available, making it easier for the Camaro Coupe to avoid unseen obstacles.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe 1SS
With a starting price of just $37,295 MSRP, the 1SS coupe ups the ante with more power and enhanced performance features on top of those offered in the previous trims, including:
- Performance – The 1SS Coupe is equipped with the 376 cubic inch 6.2L Direct-injected V8 engine that can generate 455 hp and up to 455 lb.-ft. of peak torque. This engine comes standard with the 6-speed manual transmission but is also available to be mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission as well.
- Equipment – 20-inch bright 5-spoke aluminum wheels are standard, as is the addition of a rear spoiler and High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps.
- Technology – The 8-inch driver’s information display is a standard new feature that allows drivers to easily see their vehicle’s performance information.
The 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe 2SS
With a low starting price of only $42,295 MSRP, the 2SS delivers many of the same basic features of the 2LT, plus the following:
- New Amenities – Heated power-adjustable rearview exterior mirrors become standard, enabling drivers to see clearly no matter what the weather. Drivers also get access to standard wireless charging as well as lighted sill plates and a fun multi-color ambient lighting system.
- Convenience Options – The Head-Up display helps drivers keep track of speed, direction, performance, and more without taking their eyes from the road. A driver memory package also becomes standard and allows the Camaro to remember your seating and mirrors preferences if you share the vehicle with another driver.
- Safety Features – The Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Side Blind Zone Alert also become standard features to help drivers avoid accidental collisions.
Get to Know the 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe Trims Near Tampa and Sarasota at Cox Chevy
To get into any of the 2016 Chevy Camaro Coupe trims available near Tampa and Sarasota, contact Cox Chevy at (888) 350-4514 or tour our showroom at 2900 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL today.