2016 Chevrolet Equinox Trims
The Chevy Equinox was recently named a “Most Dependable Compact SUV”, and “Highest Ranked Compact in Initial Quality” by J.D. Power and Associates, demonstrating clearly how well received this compact SUV is by experts. Now, the 2016 Chevy Equinox trims are garnering the same attention from Tampa and Sarasota drivers looking for good value from a solid crossover. Read on to learn more about what the dynamic Chevy Equinox has to offer, then stop by Cox Chevy to experience one for yourself.
The 2016 Chevy Equinox L
- Performance – The L trim is powered by the 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI engine with Variable Valve Timing paired to a 6-speed automatic transmission and FWD drivetrain that can create 182 hp and 172 lb.-ft. of torque while delivering an estimated 32 mpg/highway fuel efficiency. Drivers can also select an E85 capable version of this powerplant.
- Features – Power-adjustable exterior mirrors are standard, as are intermittent variable-speed front windshield wipers and daytime running lamps, making it easier to see and be seen in all weather conditions. Inside, the Equinox is equipped with a standard 6-speaker audio system with a USB port and access to SiriusXM satellite radio. All four power windows feature the express-down feature, while creature comforts like manual climate control, cruise control, and power door locks are also standard.
- Safety – A rearview camera is standard on every trim, as are a suite of airbags complete with passenger sensing system. All trims enjoy Hill-Start Assist and StabiliTrak stability control technology, as well as traction control. The OnStar basic system is available on all trims and can be equipped to provide turn-by-turn directions, roadside assistance, remote ignition block, and Automatic Crash Notification, as well as acting as a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot for up to seven compatible devices.
The 2016 Chevy Equinox LS
- Performance – The LS trim can be found in FWD or AWD versions, allowing drivers to choose exactly the handling package they need from their SUV.
- Interior Features – Satellite radio becomes a standard feature, and drivers also get the option of adding a retractable cargo cover and universal tablet holders.
- Packages – The Equinox LS offers convenience packages not included on the L trim, such as the protection package, which offers all-weather floor mats to protect your interior and help maintain the value of your vehicle.
The 2016 Chevy Equinox LT
- V6 Power – The Equinox LT is the first of the trims to offer the 3.6L SIDI engine with Variable Valve Timing that generates 301 hp and 272 lb.-ft. of torque. This motor, paired with the smooth-shifting 6-speed automatic transmission is capable of 3,500 pounds of towing capability.
- Usability – Drivers can add features like hydraulic variable power-assist steering, black roof rack crossbars, and a power programmable liftgate to make managing your cargo needs that much easier. Daytime running lamps become standard, as do outside heated power-adjustable mirrors that make it easier to see and be seen in all weather.
- Options and Safety – Drivers gain new options such as a power sunroof, Pioneer premium audio system, remote vehicle starter, automatic climate control, 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross-traffic Alert, and Side Blind Zone Alert also become available, allowing driver’s to “see” obstacles that may otherwise be invisible.
The 2016 Chevy Equinox LTZ
- Visibility – Along with the LTZ exterior appearance package, the LTZ offers front halogen fog lamps and bright chrome heated power-adjustable exterior mirrors to add improved visibility and a touch of style.
- Convenience – A remote vehicle starter becomes standard equipment, as does automatic climate control and an auto-dimming rearview mirror. Heated leather-appointed front seats with a power-adjustable driver’s memory system are also standard, and drivers can choose to add power adjustability to the passenger’s side as well.
- Advanced Safety – Forward Collision Alert becomes available on the LTZ, as does the option to add Lane Departure Warning for added security on busy roads.
See the 2016 Chevy Equinox Trims at Your Leading Tampa and Sarasota Chevy Authority
To test-drive any of the new 2016 Chevy Equinox trims near Tampa and Sarasota, contact the friendly staff at Cox Chevy at (941) 749-2690. You can also feel free to visit our showroom at 2900 CORTEZ ROAD WEST in Bradenton, FL today.